October 16, 2024, 09:48:18 PM

Author Topic: [WM] Painting Orcs the fast way (using Army Painter)  (Read 15566 times)

Offline Jo

Re: [WM] Painting Orcs the fast way (using Army Painter)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »
Will be interesting to see if I can get details like teeth done in 10mm without it looking sloppy :/

The trick is not to mainly paint the raised area of the teeth. The part where the teeth and the skin come together will be a place where the wash will build up. It is better to leave the lower part of the teeth green as it will give even more impression of depth. But if you paint part of the skin white then everyone will see.

Also thin down the paint somewhat. That allows for smoother painting and releases the paint better on the mini. Don't overdo it though as it will make the paint too thin and flow into the recesses.

Offline berzerkmonkey

• Direct Fire
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 06:46:57 PM »
I missed these when they were originally posted, but man, those are some nice Orcs! I'm happy to see the before and afters you posted - it really helps with determining how well a product works. I've obviously seen the Quickshade done on 28mm, but was afraid that some detail might be lost with 10mm - glad to see that everything still looks good.

Any update photos showing more of the army?

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
Just an update on how the teeth ended up for me :)
Thanks for this tutorial. Was great help for me painting my orcs!
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 06:33:29 AM »
That is a great work!  8)