July 28, 2024, 09:20:24 AM

Author Topic: Cost of Imperial and Chaos Battleships on Ebay  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Captaincaveman

• Lurker
    • Loc: Ottawa Canada
Cost of Imperial and Chaos Battleships on Ebay
« on: April 03, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »
Last summer i brought a couple of Imperial Battleships on Ebay for around $45 each but now i see that they are selling for $90-$120 each.

Is this a real lack of supply vs demand or do you think that the prices will come down as im looking for a few more ships but the prices seem really high at the moment.

Any advice any can give if i should buy at current prices or wait for the prices to become more reasonable

Thx

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
Re: Cost of Imperial and Chaos Battleships on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:39:12 AM »
Personally, and I am certainly no expert, I would expect prices to hold pretty stable about that mark for a while. When GW stopped production, all prices shot up, and people were looking to fill some very specific holes in their fleets. Now we are at a point where there is no supply, but most people have what they need and new players are not interested in paying those prices. As supply becomes even more difficult on the second hand market, the price will probably rise, but I suspect that this will happen slowly, and will be counteracted by people just selling their fleets and getting out of the game.

Personally, I would recommend that all new players find an alternative company for these that still produces spacecraft minis, and put together an 'alternative counts as' list and just go with that, unless you really do love the BFG designs.
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
Re: Cost of Imperial and Chaos Battleships on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
Price problems seem to be somewhat limited to battleship. Prices on other stuff seems to be softening a bit.