July 23, 2024, 11:21:57 PM

Author Topic: Advice on Imperial vs Chaos  (Read 11600 times)

Offline Evil Mic

• Lurker
Re: Advice on Imperial vs Chaos
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »
Look at the FAQ there the Armageddon Pt cost was reduced 10Pts!

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »
Look at the FAQ there the Armageddon Pt cost was reduced 10Pts!

Er, I have the Armageddon listed as 235 points, and an FAQ that makes no reference to it? How much should it cost?
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »
FAQ2010 page 19, most right column. 235pts. Armada has it at 245.

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
Fair play.

Now, question:

If my opponent were to field 4 Enforcer class system control cruiser and 2 Armageddon battlecruisers... What would happen?

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »
I believe you would die. Enforcers aren't what you'd call the most balanced with the Dauntless Lance strength on the prow and the LB dropping off bombers to finish things off up close.
-Vaaish

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
This I want to see...  ;D

Offline Evil Mic

• Lurker
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
HM, I'm not quite sure about the Enforcer. (Just don't know this ship class) Is it somthing like the defiant? (2 Lances, 2 LBs)

If so, take at least one Devastation or somthing similar (Hectate).
If he isn't playing them as a Squadron, you should try to take your fighter and reduce each of his bomber-waves from 2 to 1 so thy have yout a low possibility to survive against yout turrets. (and so you outo 8 Lbs with 4)

If he is playing tham as a squadron, focus one of them. If he braces, he will not be able to lunch attack craft, and your 4 will do a lot of damage. If he dos not brace, he soon will loose one cruiser, and then you've almos won....

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
It's a dauntless with LBs on the broadside instead of guns, and the obligatory +1 turrets from being a carrier. So it's 3 prow lance strength - a total lance output of 12 as a squadron. Yeah, nasty. Locked on, the squadron can destroy a cruiser with a single volley on average.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
Might I add for the same price as a dauntless. So 110 points, 2lb, 3 30cm lances, 25cm speed, 2 turrets.
-Vaaish

Offline Evil Mic

• Lurker
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
Where can I find it's profile?

Ok, sounds really bad! So you really must use it's low HPs and single shield to pick one at long range and force the squad to brace!

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
With lance dauntless, no one in their right mind braces. Crippled only drops 1 lance (half firepower and round up) while bracing drops a lance from each dauntless in the squadron. With a squadron of three you are better off letting one die or cripple than brace and lose the ability to use special orders.
-Vaaish

Offline Evil Mic

• Lurker
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
Yea, it's better to have one Dauntless crippeld than a sqadron braced (where you loose more than 1 lance per vessel! you half the complete strength).

but if you loose one of them without having a good positon to strike back, you almost lost the game...

besides, again: wehre can i find the profile of this "enforcer"?

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
I've got it in the Additional Ships Compendium 1.4 pdf. Sources listed as: BFG Magazine #2 and Annual 2002. Battlefleet Bakka ship by the looks of it, so wherever one would find other Bakka ships?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »
FAQ/Compendium 2010 Bakka List is what the official list looks like. Anything not in it did not make the cut.

BFG:Revised did another approach under supervision of AndrewChristlieb and Vaaish.

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »
A battle at 2000 points and small change (2050 I think), bringing a battleship to bear from each side... And the opening volley decimated my firepower. The Slaughters got slaughtered, leaving a few murders and one Desolator on the field by the time the smoke cleared... One section of space had so many blast markers I just dumped our bag of markers on it.

More or less spent the rest of the game staying largely out of range, and finding out that torpedoes are pretty much ineffective against Imperial prows. Didn't get to finish, due to unexpectedly running out of time, but at the point of termination I was losing on points and our speculative rolling indicated I'd have lost my cruisers in the next few turns.

Pictures are available if anybody wants to see them, but should point out that some ships aren't painted at all and some are proxies. Need to sort out ways to identify ships individually too, as in a game this big it was getting silly trying to keep track of crits and damage. Most ships ended up dragging dice around with their remaining hits.

Is there a better fleet registry sheet floating around out there? I don't see the official one being much use!