August 01, 2024, 09:09:59 AM

Poll

Should we adopt the changes listed in the first post?

Yes, make it official.
7 (50%)
No, do not make it official.
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 31, 2013, 09:00:33 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 60: Battlefleet Bakka Launch Restriction  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Casus belli

Re: BFG:R Vote 60: Battlefleet Bakka Launch Restriction
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 06:54:39 AM »
Leave them be. It may turn out that the committee's work isn't accepted, then we need these.
I would have thought the committee's work should be recursive, so that if their first proposal is rejected, they would tweak or revise their proposal, until they arrive at one that can pass the vote.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »
They certainly can keep trying until it works. Whats the sense in stopping these votes though?

Offline Tyberius

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 08:06:33 AM »
Um, ok so I'm a little confused here. I am trying to end the discussion because we have been publicly reprimanded for arguing as intensely as we have been. That's why I am asking for the discussion to be over with. People can keep talking if they want; I'm not going to be a dictator. Don't I have the right as a board member, like everyone else, to ask for a discussion to be over with? I just felt like even with all this reprimand and me obviously trying to pull away from a debate with Sig, it was sort of crappy of Tyberius to burst into it again with such a potent post. I am not against him saying anything, but that post needed a response.

I voted and I gave my opinion, sorry for the crappy feeling.
Again I am not reviving any old discussion...I think this was the first time I made a potent statement about this matter, is not my intention to make trouble but to reach agreement.

I said bakka fleet will auto limit its ac, cause  in the comitee, we already discussed that the jovian will not pass, and the emperor  will be replaced by the oberon, so I guessed there will be no need for this kind of restrictions.

Offline Casus belli

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
They certainly can keep trying until it works. Whats the sense in stopping these votes though?
I know you want to keep the votes for the record. Just asking what you think the role of the committee is. I'm glad you agree with me about it - they should be allowed more than one shot at getting it right, before we fall back to these votes (let's hope that wont be necessary).

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 05:33:16 PM »
No one called for a committee. Baron just started it. Basically they are just coming together as a group to give their best crack at Bakka and then proposing it here to be voted on, all the while excluding the voices of everyone else.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
The committee is fine, I was just more baffled that being nominated automatically meant to be in it. But that's okay, the people in it are capable enough.