August 04, 2024, 03:18:32 AM

Author Topic: Inquisition for FAQ2010  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Duke

• Loc: Bay Area, CA
Inquisition for FAQ2010
« on: March 01, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »
Greetings all. I find relatively little out there regarding the inquisition document, so I'm making this thread to ask one or two questions in order to clarify:

*The Inquisitorial Cruiser
As I understand it, there are three ways of getting this vessel: have an inquisitor lord lead the army, in which you may only take one (0-1, requiring the lord [or lady ;)] to use it as his flagship); have it in your reserves, which additionally allows you to take the inquisitor lord; and lastly, as I read it in list section on pg 51, simply replace any battlecruiser with it once, not requiring an Inquisitor lord.
Normally of that last option I would be skeptical of, but the wording "any imperial or space marine fleet may include..." is bothering me. Having the option to take it with or without an inquisitor lord, however, is beneficial either way. The pdf is also inconsistent in its terminology at times by swapping 'inquisitor' and 'inquisitor lord' freely, and if you've played 40k you would know game-wise and fluff-wise there is a difference between the two.

*Allies and Reserves
Is the inquisition a faction that counts as the IN in regards to the allowances to allies faq2010 makes? Or is it restricted by its own Reserves and Allies section? Can it ally as the IN can to corsairs, Demiurg, or Tau (given the SM restrictions)? Can Xenos races use Inquisitorial as allies assets?

Thanks in advance, and if you have any experience or thoughts on this faction, please share!
-Duke

Afterthought: On a side note (one I don't feel like making another thread for), I'd like to ask a few questions concerning the Demiurg. If there's someone with experience using mostly Demiurg fleets, I'd like to PM a few questions as well.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:03:23 AM by Duke »