August 03, 2024, 05:17:44 PM

Poll

Should we allow the Jovian ship to be taken as a reserve vessel outside of Battlefleet Bakka?

Yes, make it official.
5 (45.5%)
No, needs more work.
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 05, 2013, 06:16:09 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 43: Jovian  (Read 7173 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Vote 43: Jovian
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 04:49:43 AM »
I dont think theres anything wrong with its stats per se. If anything it should have the option to include its Nova cannon, this would probably help appease some of us that see the problem with the ships as its low AC/Point for IN.

I can see this.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:21 AM »
Adding the NC doesn't do anything to address the 6LB. That's the root of the issue.
-Vaaish

Offline Casus belli

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 06:47:52 AM »
I dont think theres anything wrong with its stats per se. If anything it should have the option to include its Nova cannon, this would probably help appease some of us that see the problem with the ships as its low AC/Point for IN.
Hi,
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this. As long as the option exists not to take the Nova Cannon, the problem still exists. The off-set only works if the Jovian is forced to take the Nova Cannon.

The problem might be solved for many people once the base-cost of the Jovian becomes higher than that of the Exorcist grand cruiser. Exactly how to do it is the question. It could be done by adding a mandatory Nova Cannon or even something different (but more thematically suitable) like a mandatory sensor array for +1Ld for a total cost of 280pts, or whatever.

Of course, this problem (among others) goes away if the Jovian is simply restricted to Bakka as it always has been.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
Unless the base cost of the Jovian hits near 300 I doubt the issue will go away. 280 is near Mars territory in the BBB and it doesn't deter folks from using them. Leave it in Bakka, it works that way and we don't have to complicate things with adding bits or inflating costs.
-Vaaish

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
Since I was not allowed to vote: my vote is 'Make it Official'.
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
You were just one day to late.

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
You were just one day to late.

Eh.  Not that it matters anyway, but that's my vote.  I've tried to vote in several of these now and cannot.

I really don't care much, but people have started to complain that no one cares about BFG:R other than the people writing it, and you yourself pointed out that only a handful of people were voting.

Maybe if people could vote in them, they might vote more.  I can't, for some reason, even vote in th ones that still are open.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:24:46 PM by BaronIveagh »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
That is weird, you should report this to CyberShadow or mod-lex. Which browser are you using?

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 08:31:03 PM »
Firefox.  How do I report it?

Make it with the +1 Leadership bonus for the prow antennae array and lower prow armor to 5+

and btw.....what happens with the enforcer light carrier? (dauntless with 2 LB instead of WB)

listed on many non official documents with a 120 pt value..

Enforcer and several other 'traditional' Bakka ships like the Cardinal got shouted down during FAQ 2010.  Cardinal and enforcer got tossed for Long Serpent and Defiant.  Long Serp got renamed Mercury and Jovian had a lot of restrictive rules added.

These were all largely over the protests of people who actually played bakka in interests of making it more like all other IN fleets.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:01:45 AM by BaronIveagh »