September 28, 2024, 10:27:26 AM

Author Topic: Officially a product of the past?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Zhukov

Officially a product of the past?
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:40 AM »

I have just noticed the Battle of Five Armies is no longer available for sale from the Games Workshop website. The "Great Battles of Middle-Earth" series should have been an easy sell but somehow never really got off it's feet. What a true shame this is.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Spectrar Ghost

Re: Officially a product of the past?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:41:07 AM »
It's a shame indeed. Not too surprising though, after all gw wantscyou to fight that battle in 28mm now, and having a complete game for $82.50(?) instead of whatever the hobbit box is ($125?) isn't in GW's best interest, really.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:56:05 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why GW has made this decision. But large battles are meant to be played in 15mm or smaller. Those 28's, while beautiful models, just don't do well for big games. It just doesn't look right.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Spectrar Ghost

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
Agreed.