September 27, 2024, 04:44:01 AM

Author Topic: BFG:R Voting  (Read 2028 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
BFG:R Voting
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
I am starting this thread up to make a list of stuff we should vote on for BFG:R to get it ready for the new documents. Please feel free to add things to this list but keep them to a minimum please. At this point, we are talking only about the fleets and the ships. Please no rules votes at this point.

Here is the list I have so far:

IN: Bakka List, Tyrant new stats.

SM: Space Marine Annihilator

Chaos: Relictor, Desecrator

Dark Eldar: MMS style fleet (not just MMS movement but shields and new Shadowfield rules, like the current BFG:R)

Tyranids: Vote on the BFG:R Tyranid Alpha and possible revisions.

MMS: Make the current MMS Eldar the official BFG:R Eldar? (mainly because most will use MMS Eldar anyways, why not make it official).  :D

Tau: Use the current BFG:R files, which seem to be just an integrated list (which needs some proofreading)?

Necrons: Any changes to the current 2010 version? Make any of the older BFG:R changes? Readjust so we can get rid of the victory point rules? Vote on Reaper, Khopesh, Cartouche.

Rogue Trader and Demiurg: ?????
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:19:55 AM by afterimagedan »

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: BFG:R Voting
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »
Well overall changes i would like to see the fleet command structure revised (everything from IN to Nid) seriously. Also once the final ship stats have been figured out i think it would probably be a good idea to rework the fleet lists, have maybe one or two BFG-R lists instead of "gothic sector" "armageddon sector" etc...

I think everyone can agree that each list still has some issues Tyrants for example getting the stats they should have and nolonger encroaching on the RT cruiser.

Necrons need to be balanced without using victory point shenanigans for those that dont use vp. (i know why wouldnt you right?)

Maybe it would be best to do one race at a time. Go through and make sure everything is balanced and fair?
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »
That's not a bad idea. I am hoping to see a bunch of good recommendations and get to voting while we keep this list open. Since I already have 1 vote up for IN right now, maybe we can continue on IN until we take a vote to close the IN rules for BFG:R. Sound good?

Offline Talos

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
Good idea, IN and Chaos are the simplest fleets rules wise but have the biggest fleets and most numerous/convoluted lists. Closing and finishing them gives us a frame of reference to work with, kind of like a legal precedent in court. I think the fleets should not have more than 2-3 lists each; keeps it simple and requires less margin-hunting to actually assemble a fleet.

Victory points are a strange implementation. Interesting idea, but set objectives and whatnot make for more fun in my books than sometimes arbitrary point costs. BFG is not an exercise in realistic military campaign simulations, after all. I would be all for getting rid of abberant victory point rules entirely, keeping just base rules for those who like them.

Rogue Trader and Demiurg Fleets: Very niche, but the current iterations are pretty sucky. BFG:R rogue traders are pretty decent, but demirug suffer from lack of model range and shitty VP rules as outlined above. Not to mention they look very retro sci-fi, like going back to Red Dwarf. ;)

Dark Eldar MMS is a no-brainer, really. Mechanically they should be very similar to eldar, with the ships themselves being the point of differentiation.

@ AndrewChristlieb Completely agreed about command structure, I think it needs an entire overhaul for every race.

@ afterimagedan Is there a poll function on this forum? If so you should use it, or if you are show me how to vote :) Also, you should link the WIP documents through your blog, even if it means you get to hog all the credit...

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »
I am creating different threads for voting so they will pop up there.

I would like to get IN and Chaos done relatively quickly because there will be tons of people to play-test them. Also, they are huge and to get them done will be nice. Also, I want to get them done quickly because the Xenos races really need help and they seem to be neglected in favor of IN and Chaos.

Dark Eldar MMS is totally a no-brainer. I am going to take the BFG:R DE list and just port over the MMS rules to it (assuming Horizon and Sigoroth are ok with that). Then, we can vote on the ships and the rules.

About the Command structure; we will get to that at some point but I think getting the ships at least fixed and in the same fleet document will be the best first step.

Rogue Trader and Demiurg: I still think these would be great fleets to have and fix up.  I am very interested in making a Demiurg fleet from models of a different line and having rules for people who want to use them would be good. They can wait until the established fleets are done.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:00:54 PM by afterimagedan »

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
DE im assuming your talking about updating the rules but not modifying their movement?
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.