September 27, 2024, 10:29:39 PM

Author Topic: BFG Tournaments  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Zephyrus13

• Lurker
BFG Tournaments
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »
Does anyone still test their admirals tactics at tournaments?
I found a tournament not too far from me and was wondering if anyone else was interested.

http://www.facebook.com/events/490885540924133/

It does sound good. I used this nifty little site to find it: http://wargames.cerebros.net/index.php

Offline Talos

Re: BFG Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:34:43 AM »
If there were tournaments in canada I would probably go, but I have never heard of one. :'(

Offline Zephyrus13

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »
Yea, unfortunately the only tournament in Canada (according to that site) is Bloodbowl... :(

Offline Mycen

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 03:59:13 AM »
After Adepticon I've been looking for more tourneys in the midwest US, but to no avail...  :'(

Offline Zephyrus13

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »
So it would seem that I have a tournament with only a few competitors, and you have lots of competitors but few Tournaments...

Is there anyone here from the UK?

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »
I want to run a Midwest tournament, but then I also want to play in it, naturally. I guess it's really a matter of determining how many people would want to come (or how many are even in the area).

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »
Id love to attend but i never seem to be able to make it to anything :/. Work seems to take away time from my hobbys faster than it adds models :P
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Ruckdog

BFG Tournaments
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »
Well, I've run a few small tournaments for other games, and I would say that as long as your crowd is about 10 people or so you shouldn't have too much trouble running and playing in the event. It's not ideal, but it can be made to work.

Offline Zephyrus13

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »
Yes, we've worked it out that we need 8 minimum and have 5 at the moment (hence reaching out to the forum).
With a £30 prize for 1st place  :o i think its definitely worth a look.

If there is some support from here and people want a tournament in the future; i'm sure we can arrange something. (As long as you're in the UK and we can agree a mutual time  :P ) What do you think?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 02:03:15 AM »
Setting one up through the forum sounds like a good idea. Im sure it would be helpful to have a "go-to" area for people looking to arrange tournys, if not to reach out to more players at least for inspiration and advice.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.