August 08, 2024, 07:19:42 PM

Author Topic: Grand Cruiser bases  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Talos

Grand Cruiser bases
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:03:55 AM »
Hey guys probably a one answer kind of post.

So the question: in original rules, repulsive was the only only grand cruiser, and it used small base. Later it was the given the option to take a large base and gain a shield. In BFGR, my understanding is that any vessel with 10 or more hull and/or 3 or more shields must have a large base, along with other specific vessels and refits. What size bases do IN grand crusiers use? Are they small in 2010 faq and large in BFGR? If so that really sucks. :( Models are expensive enough without having to have multiple bases available...

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Grand Cruiser bases
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:34:26 AM »
BFG:R is fanmade and will never be official. Work on it has stopped (check afterimagedan his signature for a link).

Official
Small base is 2 shields for Repulsive. Large one is +10pts for 3rd shield.
IN grand cruiser comes with large base.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »
Ya the rule is 1-2 shields small base 3+ large base so all grand cruisers with the exception of a repulsive with two shields are on a large base. Up to 11 hits is on a small base also and 12+ on a large base (only matters for odd balls like explorers, ork battleships,etc that have less than 3 shields).
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Talos

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
Thank you for the expedient and concise replies! You put it so... succinctly. :P