October 28, 2024, 01:14:45 PM

Author Topic: Golgotha super battleship  (Read 3289 times)

Offline lastspartacus

Golgotha super battleship
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:19:58 AM »
Ok so this isnt really a serious serious entry, but a friend of mine is really keen on having something super duper besides a normal battleship, and I wanted the opinions of the forumites on what they thought of the balance of this beast.  Essentially, a giant, singular relic that is essentially a beefed up Emperor class.

Golgotha: 455 pts
Hits: 14

Speed: 15cm
Turns: 45'
Shields: 5
Armour: 5+
Turrets: 5
- - - - - - - -
Port         Weapons Battery - 60cm - 6
Starboard Weapons Battery - 60cm - 6
Port         Weapons Battery - 30cm - 6
Starboard Weapons Battery - 30cm - 6
Port         Launch Bays - 4 Squadrons
Starboard Launch Bays - 4 Squadrons
Dorsal     Weapons Battery - 60cm -  6
Prow       Weapons Battery - 60cm -  4
Prow      Torpedoes - Speed 30cm - 9

The Golgotha's prow contains a mass of antennae arrays and receivers to communicate with the rest of its fleet.
It gains +1 Leadership.   The Golgotha comes standard with Shark assault boats and the manpower to fill them.

OH SHIT! SHES GONNA BLOW!!! - Should the unfortunate day come that God does not smile upon his mighty blessed creation, and Golgotha is sunk, it is so large that its multiple nuclear reactors have substantial potential to go critical.  Add +2 to this ship's Catastrophic Damage rolls.
 In addition, should its Plasma Drive or Warp Drive explode, the damage area is 4D6, not 3D6.

AUXILARY BRIDGE - Should the Golgothas' bridge be damaged or destroyed, the secondary command crew may take over the vessel from their auxillary bridge.  The ship's leadership is reduced to 6 rather than 3.  If the same critical hit is suffered a second time, leadership is reduced to 3 as normal.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Golgotha super battleship
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:06:48 AM »
So.. + 90pts gives:
+2 hits  [+10pts]
+1 shield [+10pts]
+12 wb @30cm [+18pts]
-2 wb @ 60cm [-5pts]
+ 9 torpedoes [+27pts]
rough values = +65pts

notes
+1 sensor array is not possible with torpedoes. Either one or the other.
Auxilary bridge, rule for smashed bridge = -3 leadership, not a leadership of 3.

so, yeah, I'd play it.

Offline lastspartacus

Re: Golgotha super battleship
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:14:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Horizon.

It was my rusty-on-the-mind fault for getting critical effect wrong.

What about aux bridge causing -1 LD the first hit, the permanent -3 on the second crit bridge smashed?

I guess he thought with the massivity of the ship, torps and arrays would fit on it.  If I dropped the LD bonus and dropped the cost to 445, would that still be balanced?