August 07, 2024, 08:20:36 AM

Author Topic: Any news?  (Read 24036 times)

Offline lastspartacus

Re: Any news?
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »
..No...they really did kill the necrons of all fun and creativity.  Where is the news?

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 01:59:01 PM »
I cannot phantom how it was impossible for you to ask Jervis/GW to update pdf only fleets. PDF's which never have been in a published book. Armada is no longer being sold = pdf only as well.
I didn't email him because I already know the answer: Unless the HI scales back its list of changes just to bugfixes and perhaps a few absolute essential changes, there's no chance of getting the documents online as they are (with lots of points changes, additional ship configurations, changes in ship weapons, and additional rules).

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 02:00:10 PM »
At this point I would advise BFG afficionados to go the same way that Epic did, with a lot more fan-based rulebooks, and stop relying on GW.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
Hey,
I've had a mail exchange with Jervis couple of weeks ago. :)

He isn't as rigid as you describe. Well, it isn't all in his hands. The GW webteam also has a say... that's the problem.

Going the way epic is in? Dunno, if an outsiders looks at epic he is pretty confused at all availble rules.

Plus FAQ/Compendium 2010 is finished and being used without GW. The finishing touch would be an upload on the site to make sure everyone has easy acces to the files from a single source. This is easy for one-off games against unknown people etc.

Offline Evil_and_Chaos

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »
The GW webteam also has a say... that's the problem.
I suspect this is gentle obfuscation... Jervis could get anything put up, if he was motivated to do so, I think.

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2011, 02:34:34 AM »
maybe given the year cycle for GW production
it will be a new BFG next christmas?

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
I would be a bit surprised if it were, although I imagine that GW will do a 40k/Fantasy yearly alternating secret box.

I think that an 'Adeptus Titanicus' game, with Imperial and Eldar Titans is probably the most likely next 'black box', which would hopefully be compatable with current epic models.