September 12, 2024, 12:16:21 AM

Author Topic: Squadron Rules BFG:R  (Read 49013 times)

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
Re: Squadron Rules BFG:R
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2011, 09:31:55 AM »
I'm ending all rules discussion on BFG:R, for further information see the flawed ships thread.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00:57 AM »
Hey,

Yesterday we played Imperial Navy vs Chaos // 1000pts.. Was my first Imperial Navy battle. Using all official rules including FAQ2010. Except stacking ofcourse.

So.... I decided to run a squadron of two Lunars... and exactly this is why I lost the battle (212 vs 252 vps iirc) (I always lose the first battle with a race I never used before). The two Lunars where being targetted. I did not brace as this would make them not as good next turn. So.. the Idolators decided to roll 3 sixes with batteries versus the prow, plus 3 lance hits, plus thrusters damaged = crippled. Subsequent fire fire killed it, didn't brace... ah well. Lunar down.

If I had them separate as usual I would have braced. The Lunar would still be alive, perhaps crippled, but not destroyed.
I rather have a second Lunar lose a dice for firing through blastmarkers and a second SO Ld test then above crap.

So either indiviudal BFI allowed or don't squadron at all.

Positive points: IN plays nice. Dominator is good. Dictator as well (combo attack in one turn with ordnance, albeit bombers rolled abysmal). And why would someone not take the Widowmaker upgrade on Cobra's. That squadron performed perfect.

For completeness:
Imperial Navy
fleet admiral
Dictator
Dominator
2x Lunar
2x 3 Cobra's (one widowmaker squadron)

Chaos:
Styx with nurgle
2x Slaughter
4x Idolator (not to be underestimated)
4x Iconoclast

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2011, 08:33:06 PM »
I agree on squadrons but spill over and targeting specific ships need to be fixed too imo.  If spill over is allowed it should work so that all hits are spread across the squadron.  In your case two lunars take 6 hits in a squad that should be 2 shields down each and one hit each, unless they had opted to target just one (with a command check). It doesn't make sense that they are peppering the area with shot to hit the squadron but only one ship takes all the shots.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »
Well, under official rules the closest vessel is being hit.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
I know I'm just saying it would make more sense if that wasn't the case
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Given the scale size true.