September 14, 2024, 06:26:38 AM

Author Topic: WIP-Scenario  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
WIP-Scenario
« on: January 13, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »
Hey folks. Been playing around with a new BFG scenario here called the The Hunt for the Bringer of Woe.
Think 1 part Das Boot, 1 part Hunt for Red October and a dash of Aliens.

I'd love to get some feedback from the community. We've played a few runs here with my group so far and find it to be a challenging scenario for us crusty old timers. Give it a read and fee free to bash/flame away :)

Download as word-> https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=D6F1B9C7DE91DCBB&resid=D6F1B9C7DE91DCBB%21674&authkey=AEgqplz8qL5VOxs
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline LuCarD

Re: WIP-Scenario
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
It looks like a good scenario, but IMHO only when it is part of a "story" campaign. The scenario lacks the combat which is a major part of BFG.

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
It looks like a good scenario, but IMHO only when it is part of a "story" campaign. The scenario lacks the combat which is a major part of BFG.

You win the "reading between the lines" award today. :)
Yes I was thinking of fleshing out the other actions that are hinted at in the over all campaign narrative into a scenario tree (something along 6 or so related operations). I was hoping to flesh out the most unique variation first (this scenario) as the others would be more traditional. I really felt this would be the hardest to get right and balanced and working from there the rest could be fleshed out. There's also a parallel bit of E:A I wanted to tackle around the Ad Mech story line for shits as well.
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »
Its sounds decent, should make for a long and very frustrating game :D I can see why its suggested that the Imperial player takes a beer break :P. Your opening was very pearl harbor btw, I like the ww2 references in it.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.