August 03, 2024, 09:18:03 AM

Author Topic: New Rules, New Fleet lists  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Zelnik

New Rules, New Fleet lists
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
Now that the 2010 FAQ is done, lets share some new fleet lists that we will use :D Mine will all be 1500 points since I am a tournament junkie

With the Inquisition fleets, I have my dream of a real Grey Knights fleet manifested.

Ord. Malleus Inquisitor
Grey Knights Barge

4 Strike Cruisers

6 Novas.

With all the new rules for the imperial navy out, mostly I just modify my old fleets to match, however, one new one has popped out for general consumption.

Apoc (w ld8 commander)
armageddon (with nova cannon... boy i feel silly since I fought against this)
2 Dictators
2 Tyrants (w/weapon batt upgrades)

Chaos is another fun place to go, two new cruiser classes, a bunch of new battleships!

Fully Upgraded repulsive, LD9 commander

2 Hecate (with chaos lord on one)

4 slaughters

Interestingly enough, eldar got some new glitter too! especially craftworld with points shifting

Flame of Asurian (shocker I know) with vampire raiders with an eldar hero, 1 re-roll.

Dragon ship with aspect warrior fighting crews, vamp raiders (batteries and launch bays)

3 Wraithships (with pulsars and torps), 1 has an aspect warrior crew

6 shadow hunters

Tau
WOW these guys gave me some grief, trying to fit the point costs into a 1500 battle

Custodian W ld9 commander, 1 reroll

3 Protectors (normal config)

2 Emmisaries (lance config)

6 Castellans

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
Re: New Rules, New Fleet lists
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
I haven't heard boo about whether or not GW accepted it yet.  Kinda curious.
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »
it'll probably be a while until we hear anything. There is good precedent for them accepting it though based on the the updated PDF's the Epic crowd got uploaded. Could take a long time; it's not like BFG is high on the priority list to review.
-Vaaish

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:33:03 AM »
It'll take a while I reckon. Perhaps GW is already shooting issues back at the HA. And if I was the HA I won't link GW's responses to them to us.... heh heh.

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
It'll take a while I reckon. Perhaps GW is already shooting issues back at the HA. And if I was the HA I won't link GW's responses to them to us.... heh heh.

LOL  I can see it now. 'Dear HA, why would Games Sweatshop be concerned about game balance or player feedback?  We are, after all, a minis company, not a game company.  Unless it's time to publish a new codex, that is.' 
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium