August 05, 2024, 03:20:42 PM

Author Topic: Orks - who's in charge.  (Read 2374 times)

Offline tinfish

Orks - who's in charge.
« on: December 26, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »
There are now so many threads about re-doing the Ork fleet that it's untrue. Between the 3 forum subsections and the Yahoo group you can hardly follow it. Even more so it seems to be primarily 2 people proposing everything.

Are the Orks going to change? Is anyone in charge of changing them? If they are being revised why hasn't a draft list been published for playtesting?

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
Re: Orks - who's in charge.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 10:36:14 PM »
Tinfish, there are three people doing Ork revision threads.

Nate (Flybywire) is legitimate, he is basing his off the Ork Klans document from an old fanatic magazine. His work can be found here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bw_dULEfC3rbYzUyNjQzZTAtMDZiMS00ZjRlLWJjNzMtYTE5YmNjZjdjODQ1

Me: I've been doing revisions as part of a warp rift article, the fact is that the HA's are unwilling/unable to do any major stat revisions to any ship, therefore they're building on a broken foundation. For my Ork list, it's based out of the lists from Armada & BBB with very few additions, and the ships stats/cost are based off mathematical analysis. I'm doing every fleet/fleet list for this.

Lastspartacus: Has been doing his own list, mostly because he hates random firepower, also based on right-shifts and short range.

Offline tinfish

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:45:41 PM »
That's fine, it was just getting a bit confusing.

When there are 'official' discussions and other ones taking place in the same sub forum it can get a bit confusing, then getting emails talking about shokk attak lances just tips sanity a bit.

Hadn't noticed yesterdays file upload, so thanks for the link.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »
Ya, I'm not official, nor am I proposing it to be official, anymore than MMS Eldar will be official.  Doesn't mean mine or the MMS aren't much better systems ;)

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »
Distant Darkness has become official to a larger extend then one may think with the draft for the Kor'or'vesh.

Since I only fight Orks I am not so vocal on them. I will only start reading something if Nate and the rest of the HA start building/developing a new pdf.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »
Folks, have a look in the google documents for this stuff.. an Ork Clanz pdf was added, and is confusing as hell to read... but looks sexy.

There needs to be some work done on it, but it looks like da boyz are gettin some flash.