September 28, 2024, 10:28:33 PM

Author Topic: Elves  (Read 3076 times)

Offline docdom

Elves
« on: October 14, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »
Do all elven units get the +1 to hit modifier or only the archers? The last time I read the rulebook it wasn't clear to me.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
Re: Elves
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »
Well if we are talking about BOFA, I guess that elf archer and spearman have +1 in the first round of combat (so hit with3+) but not when pursuit or been pursued. Talking by heart, but I guess is in that way.

Offline The Dog

• UK, Northwest, Chorley
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
As jchaos79 was remembering, I can confirm he is correct.

"To represent this, Elves add +1 ro their dice when rolling attacks for shooting and in the first round of each combat engagement."
(Also, they get +1 to the dice for the first round of combat from an Advance.)
(The Advance being the 20cm or 10cm Advance from 1st or 2nd and subsequent rounds of combat.)

Offline docdom

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
In my rule book only the elf archers have the * for special ability. But the text says "elves have incredibly quick reactions....... elves add +1......" So that sounds more like it applies to all elves. This conflict made me wonder. Thanks for the quick answers. That's how I would have played it.

Offline The Dog

• UK, Northwest, Chorley
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 12:38:59 AM »
And in mine, now I see why WE are confused  ::) (Doh, I had not noticed the missing * against the Elves line.)

So I agree with you, the text is correct and its just a missing * against the Elves line. (A typo)