August 05, 2024, 05:16:22 PM

Author Topic: Murder class  (Read 6085 times)

Offline patghiggins

Murder class
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
ON the Plagueclaw and Despicable Ecstacy > Do the Lance batteries REPLACE to weapons Batteries // Blue Dagger is trying to clean up the Army Builder file and just need the clarification

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Murder class
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »
Check the FAQ2010. :)

When you take the variant you get:

str4 weapon batteries
str2 lances
per side.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »
it sounds terrible, until you squadron them in pairs of 2... then it makes you think.. "hmm.. mayyybe"

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »
Maybe... maybe....

mmm.... 4 lances in a broadside + 8wb.

Thing is... naah... The lances is nice, but 8 batteries is nothing to cheer about in a Chaos fleet.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

The 8 Batteries are only designed to knock down shields for the Lances. And at 45cm, that's a good combo. I use them in pairs a lot and very successfully I might add.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
I think other ships have more effect. The Murder variant is also effective between 31-45cm. The normal variant will have more dice under 30cm.
Plus the Slaughter pair will be better under 30 with lances as well.

For some extra points you have an Acheron in there with 4 lances plus more @ 45cm.

So, I do not see a place for the variant in a Chaos fleet. That's my problem. ;)

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
It's for the "I need as many lances per capita in my fleet as possible" people. I refuse to use it because modeling it would make the poor ship look silly.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 04:07:52 AM »

I usually just use the same model for both vessels honestly. Cost effective that way. If I wanted to take the time (and money!) to model it though, I would do it like a Devastation but with a Weapons Battery sprue instead of a Launch Bay sprue. Personally, I don't think that looks goofy at all.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Mazila

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:19 AM »
Those murders are great when u have 2 of them. The things about lance variant is that i does not work on its own. You have to pair it with another murder and make sure that it goes down first.

For murder class with lances i replace the wb with 2 lances just like on Acheron, cut off all prow battaries and place a lance turret under the prow.

2 murders and hades is so good combo that it was actually a banned  in our tournaments.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 08:03:17 AM »
2 murders and hades is so good combo that it was actually a banned  in our tournaments.
heh, most powergamers wouldn't even consider that combination...

Offline Mazila

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »
heh, most powergamers wouldn't even consider that combination...

Maybe this is the reason why TAU keep winning ;)

Well, for 1000 pts, in my oppinion, there is no stronger build for bluebook chaos than to have 2 murders, hades and 2 devastations in the fleet.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
I think the following is better:
1x Acheron, 2x Carnage, 2x Devestation
Clear doctrine: abeam & long range gunnery.

Your option has better focusable prow on weaponry but this one has better broadside focus. Being abeam has a defensive advantage over being prow on.

Offline Mazila

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 10:00:06 AM »
This is also a very stron fit, although I use Hades instead of acheron. But it has weaker punch at long range and unlike the murder-hades build it lacks an option of shooting 2 targets at once when the fight is at the broadside range. I think u won't argue that its easier to fire from prow and broadside angles than from 2 broadsides.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »
What?

Offline Mazila

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
Murders and Hades provide you with an easier opportunity to fire from prow and broadsides at the same time. Your fit enables you to mainly fire from one broadside only.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:35:48 AM by Mazila »