September 29, 2024, 12:21:14 AM

Author Topic: The battle of the Five Armies  (Read 4755 times)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
The battle of the Five Armies
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
As I suppose all of you have read the Hobbit, I will go directly for the pics. It was a Good player victory

A really great game, very fun. It is a shame that the rank of mniatures is out of production

Offline Haranin

Re: The battle of the Five Armies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »
Do you think the game is balanced? ie do the gobbos have a chance to win?

I'm painting up one box set myself, and think it might work better doubling the rank and file troops.  The armies are only ~1000 points, with massive points being spent on heros.

And I agree its a shame the metal blisters are OOP. Hopefully they will republish them in the next year or two when the Hobbit comes out....

I'm probably going to round out my BoFA goblins with copplestone halforcs and trolls...

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »
I think the games is balance... but when playing the feeling of being defeat (in both sides) is patent.

It is a very strategic scenario. The gobbos should use their cavalry, I did not such thing and then I get a defeat.

I have another game of BOFA and I am toying with the possibility of double the unit and play it... but what happens with the command heros? is it double too?

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »
I have another game of BOFA and I am toying with the possibility of double the unit and play it... but what happens with the command heros? is it double too?

Rick and I played the game under development with both the forces included and double (and even triple) that. Double will work, and make for interesting choices if you do not adjust the number of heroes. Just remember to add "normal" heroes, dont mess with specialty ones nor magic users .....

Offline Haranin

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »
I don't think the forces of the good guys would need more hereos; the gobbos would defintely need more C&C.

I think doubling or tripling the core troops involved would make it feel much more epic.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »

Rick and I played the game under development with both the forces included and double (and even triple) that. Double will work, and make for interesting choices if you do not adjust the number of heroes. Just remember to add "normal" heroes, dont mess with specialty ones nor magic users .....

Sorry, but Im not sure to understand. Do you mean keep the same number of character in both sides and double the combat units?

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 07:01:35 PM »
Try that first...  will be tough on the Gobs. add 1 hero, possibily 2 depending on the total amount of points you play

As Haranin stated, the Good Guys hardly need extra hero-power