September 11, 2024, 08:14:36 PM

Author Topic: BFG:R Revival  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
BFG:R Revival
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
Hey all!

I just wanted to let you know that I have not abandoned you. I had a busy summer and was unable to continue my work on BFG:R for that time. I'm now a lot more organized and have a bit of free time, so I will be continuing the project on a more 'structured basis'. I am currently working on implementing the last of our discussion material and making a v1.2 of the core rules. My plan is to thoroughly update one PDF in order of appearance in the book each week. Likely with limited outside influence.

I would like to thank you all for your help in the past and your continued support. I hope to have an 'Alpha' version of the rules portion of the book (Core Rules, Fleet Lists and Missions) by the New Year.

I have set up a blog for my work at http://strategicconclave.blogspot.com/. Feel free to visit and comment. I will be contacting some of you directly for advice on specific subjects, particularly Horizon, who has much insight involving MMS and my version of it (I think I remember him noting that the majority of it would appear in MMS2.0).

If anyone is interested in helping, I have a number of projects that are somewhat tedious that I would be greatly appreciative of. The most important being editing. Others include formation of an index, table of contents, compilation of Fanatic Magazine missions and other fan-made missions, transcription of pertinent fluff, and a few others.

Feel free to PM me about any questions/comments you may have about the project, reply here, or whatever.

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
Re: BFG:R Revival
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:55:26 PM »
Rules v1.2 is posted.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
Hi,

MMS v1.9b is up. Small changes, nothing in the rules, only vessels/fleet list.

Offline Taggerung

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:36 AM »
Good to hear your back.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
One thing I would like to see addressed is minimum movement of ships that have taken movement penalties.  With ships hitting blast markers and being slowed by damage, obviously their average cruising speed is hampered.  I propose a ship's minimum movement speed be half their maximum possible movement in a turn, rather than half their rated max speed.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 03:51:39 AM »
Yes minimum movement should be affected by outside forces. Blast markers -5cm should come right off of minimum as a ship being slowed down by something should be... slowed down...
And as for damage or more "permanent", there till fixed etc should be as last sparticus suggested

Crippling reduces max 5cm and min 2.5cm, thrusters damaged reduces max 10cm, minimum 5cm for example.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.