October 11, 2024, 11:20:34 PM

Author Topic: [SH] Ecorium terrain for 3d printing  (Read 31213 times)

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
Re: [SH] Ecorium terrain for 3d printing
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »
For now the grill is just a texture. However, I've always loved the idea that you can see the pipes and such underneath it. Look at my first version of the system in one the first page of this thread.

What I could do is to make the holes go all the way true, with the floor tile being hollow in the bottom. That way it could be used as normal. However, I could then at a later time make a component with pipes and such on it that can be shoved inside on the bottom of the normal floor tile.

One thing that might be tricky is the casting of the grill component, this because that part is 0.5mm wide. This means it is rather printable, but also quite frail, which might mean it will get damaged a lot. Would need to experiment a bit here...
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
I've been restructuring my Photobucket, which means the pics might not work anymore. However, you can still check them all out over here.

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
The CNC/laser cutting option is still open for the floor tiles. However, in the meantime I've also started working on some little components that can add a bit of flavor to the floors:

I've also continued working on a smaller console device and a possible wall/door variant (not the big main doors yet):