August 08, 2024, 12:19:33 AM

Author Topic: Mimic Engine Question  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Zhukov

Mimic Engine Question
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »
It is stated in Armada pg. 54 that:

"In addition, if a mimic engine-equipped vessel is more than 30cm from the enemy at the start of the game (after making it's extra move) it may NOT be targeted by enemy ships at all during the first turn of the game, until it itself has attacked another vessel."

How does Ordnance play into this rule? If any is launched it counts as being "spotted"? Or only if the Ordnance hits an enemy that turn? Or does it not count at all as an attack?

-Zhukov
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:59:03 PM by Zhukov »
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Valhallan

Re: Mimic Engine Question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:36:02 AM »
hard question - i'd assume direct fire ord (ie torps) would count as shooting. AC probably wouldn't count unless it contacts an enemy ship.

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 12:52:56 AM »
I would say that launching ordy of any type would blow its cover. However the rules as written should allow you to launch AC with no ill effect (unless they attack the enemy).

Cheers,

RayB HA
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »

Ok. So no torps at all and AC engaging in turn of launching will blow cover.

What if the AC is positioned directly in the path of an enemy capital ship and engages them in the movement phase of the opponets turn? Would that allow the DE ship to be "detected"?

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Valhallan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »
i would assume if an enemy ship is engaged by ord before their shooting phase, the mimic engine ship in question would be detected.

Offline Don Gusto

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
Much more interesting to me is the question wether the mimic-engined ship can itself be attacked by ordnance in the first turn. As written the rules do not mention ordnance.

Therefore I would assume the ship could launch ordnance and be attacked by it without blowing its cover to "targeted" weapons.

Imho though it would make more sense to assume it cannot be attacked by or launch ordnance itself.