August 07, 2024, 10:29:50 PM

Author Topic: Imperial Navy ships in a Chaos Fleet  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Zhukov

Re: Imperial Navy ships in a Chaos Fleet
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 09:44:26 PM »

Trynerror,
I'm suggesting the "modern" Imp vessels would only be reserved into the Chaos fleet.

Darkness Eternal,
Reserve mess? I know if you get a 150pt Hero for a fleet commander you get to reserve in vessels of the Craftworld Eldar fleet if your choose Corsairs as your main fleet and vice versa. What more do you want? If anyone has a "mess" of not getting reserves its the Necs. But we like to screw them in every situation we can anyway so I don't think we're complaining about that ;)

Valhallan,
Yeah. Well again, it's the reserves rules. So you need three cruisers to get one Dauntless. That's pretty steep. We will see how playtesting it will work out.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 12:48:54 AM »
My only real balance issues are that 6+ Prow and the NC (No NC's or 0-1 NC would be fine). The 6+ Prow allows Chaos to shield thier weaker cruisers giving them a nice bonus but killing thier speed a little. However except the Slaughter(which needs its speed) and the Hades(/murder) you'll want to be circling your enemy at range. So the only real use will be protecting a Hades, if the ship also had a NC that would be pretty hefty!

Mixing a Lance Dauntless in with a Murder works okay, but to be honest there are far better squadrons to pick in the normal list! (mind you a single Murder with 2 L Dauntless from the bastion list works quite nicely)

Fluffwise Chaos could have the Dauntless, Lunar, Tyrant, Gothic, Dominator, Dictator and 0-1Armageddon as reserves in rough order of likelyhood.

Cheers,

RayB
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »

Totally agree with the NC issues.

You mentioned 2 L Dauntless, was that a typo? Shouldn't it be 3 L or is there a rule change I wasn't aware of?

I like the list of cruiser options! An Armageddon in a Chaos fleet instead of a Hades will be a fun change! The other ship I would consider would be the Gothic. That would be fun to pair with a Carnage!!!!

Thanks Ray! Is that something we could introduce as a topic of discussion for the FAQ? It does give an advatage to using the Incursion list over the Crusade list.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Valhallan

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 08:52:33 PM »
he means two (2) lance armed dauntless'

I would be okay with allowing the dominator in the Incursion fleet if the 0-1 NC stands, those suckers never hit anyway.